Field Trips at the Junior Center of Art and Science
Field trips at the Junior Center of Art and Science. Connect to art and science in new ways by visiting the Junior Center with your classroom. School tours at the Junior Center include:
- Artist-led tour of our work on display
- Inquiry-led group discussion
- Hands-on making activity led by a Junior Center instructor
- Our tours support Common Core State Standards by encouraging critical thinking, communication, creativity, and collaboration.
- Tour group capacity up to 32 students.
- Chaperones required (one per ten students recommended.
- Cost is $5 per student with a $100 minimum.
- Tours are available: Tuesday through Thursday at 10:00am.
- Students may bring a lunch to enjoy on our deck after the tour. We ask students and chaperones to clean up after enjoying lunch!
CALIFORNIA NATIVE AMERICANS
October 3, 2017 – December 22, 2017
This exhibit will explore the culture of California Native Americans through displays of their tools, baskets, food, games, hunting techniques, shelter, and creation myths. Students will enhance their awareness of Native Americans through an exhibit tour, demonstrations, play with authentic games, and an interactive art project crafted from native materials.
AFRICAN AMERICAN INVENTORS
February 6, 2018 – April 21, 2018
This exhibit will highlight a selection of the many contributions that African-American inventors and scientists have made to American society. The featured inventors are credited with the creation of items we see around us every day such as the traffic light, the elevator, the fountain pen, and much more. Historical and contemporary inventors will be represented.