VISIT OUR CENTER or
HOST US IN YOUR CLASSROOM
Connect to art, science, nature and technology in new ways with a hands-on workshop from the Junior Center. Workshops take place either as a field trip at our Center or a classroom experience at your school.
Our workshops and field trips are standards aligned and support CA Common Core Standards, CA Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), and CA Visual and Performing Arts Standards.
Each workshop is 75 – 90 minutes long (depending on media and grade level) and include:
– Inquiry-led group discussion.
– Hands on making activity led by a Junior Center instructor.
– All materials and supplies.
– For field trips to our center, your time also includes a tour of our facilities.
The Junior Center is located at Lakeside Park on the shores of Lake Merritt. We are easily accessible by BART and bus.
Please click below to see a description of our workshop offerings.
FOR FIELD TRIPS TO THE JUNIOR CENTER:
- Tour group capacity up to 34 students.
- Chaperones are required – one per ten students recommended.
- Cost is $150 per group with 34 students max.
- Tours are available: Thursday and Friday at 10:30am.
- Students may bring a lunch to enjoy on our deck after the tour. We ask that groups clean up after enjoying lunch.
FOR WORKSHOPS IN YOUR CLASSROOM:
- Workshops are 75 – 90 minutes long and are led by professionals in their field.
- Cost is $200 per workshop.
- Workshops are available Thursday and Friday at 10:30am or 12:30pm.