Volunteer Counselors play a vital role in the success of Junior Center Summer Day Camp. They lead activities, help their campers with their projects, and ensure that each camper feels safe and integrated within his/her group as well as the larger camp experience.
We are looking for students (high school or college) who are great with kids, like art and science and have a positive and energetic attitude. Experience working with children and interest in science, nature, and the creative spirit are strongly preferred. You must have your own transportation and be reliable.
- Be a positive role model
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to your group of approximately 10 campers throughout the day and week
- Assist your campers with their projects, art activities, games,and outdoor play.
- Participate in other camp activities, including morning meeting, two daily snacks, and lunch as well as set up and clean up of project spaces.
- Team up with other CIT’s and staff to help create a fantastic experience for all
- Attend one day of mandatory training (dates TBD, 2022)
- Must love working with kids and be patient, caring, enthusiastic and energetic
- Must have experience working with kids (babysitting counts)
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and be a team player
- Education: high school (must be age 14 or older), or college
- Experience as a counselor or camper a plus
- Experience with the visual arts or STEAM a plus
Each camp runs for one week (Monday – Friday) from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. It is our preference that volunteers sign up for the entire duration of camp, but accommodations can be made. Be sure to include availability in your application or email us at [email protected]